Freya, my beloved golden girl. You were the light of my life, my beautiful singing star, your abundant joy and your love of life will never be forgotten. The love in your eyes when you looked at me is something I’ll never see again and that hurts so bad. I miss your soft fur beneath my fingers, I miss how you would sing to me every time I came home. I miss just laying down with you and snuggling at the end of the day, I miss our walks, I miss seeing you running along the beach at the ocean and playing with your brother. You were always so well-behaved and so tender and gentle with everybody. You were empathic and compassionate and there will never be another little girl like you. I loved you so much Frey-Frey. My life will never be the same. I will love you forever and I know that you are waiting for me and that you will come to escort me home when the time is right. But for now, be at my side, let me feel your presence, let me know that you’re with me and your brother everyday until we meet again. Freya, Goddess among dogs, may you live forever.
- The Healing Journey: Understanding and Processing Pet Loss
- End-of-life support and after-death body care for pets: what pet owners want
- Journaling offers a way to channel grief over loss of a pet
- As the pet industry grows, pet death business booms
- Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens Opens Pet Loss Center